Chikory's Epiphany Toilet

No epiphanies.  No toilets.  Just a whole lot of crap.

Tuesday, August 26, 2008

All is nothing. Therefore nothing must end.

Who the heck comes up with the ratings for movies? Because I seriously think they have some mental deficiencies - and yes I am aware of how ironic it is for me to make that call with all things considered.

These days I have watched PG movies that would've been rated M15+ back when I were a wee lass. I have seen movies that were rated "low level language" only to hear expletives bursting forth from the speakers every 2 minutes. I have rented movies that were classed as not very violent, only to discover people getting pummeled left right and centre. But this one takes the cake!

My Left Foot is the story of Christy Brown, an Irish poet/writer/painter who suffered from an extremely bad case of cerebral palsy. It's an interesting story that seems to make you want to laugh, cry and start beating on people for being completely and utterly disrespectful and down right cruel. All in all it was an excellent movie. Well written, well acted, and very deserving of its Oscar. I was saddened to find, however, that his life didn't turn out all that great. In the end they make out like he found love and lived happily ever after. Only a bit of research using my favourite intermanet tool, Google, told me that he was married for 9 years, taken away from his family, and possibly physically abused by his wife of whom was an alcoholic and a prostitute. His family also indicated that they believe she was responsible for his death in 1981 at the age of 49. It's sad when people who can't defend themselves and are very well meaning and full of heart are taken advantage of.

Anyway, back to what I was saying. The only problem I found with the movie was the rating. "Frequent coarse language". I didn't notice this in the store otherwise I probably wouldn't have picked it up. But I am glad that wasn't the case, because I would've missed out on a really great film and all because the people who rate movies are completely deranged.

During the course of this film of which lasted about 2 hours, I counted the use of the 'F word' a total of 8 times. Ass was said once but seriously, who's going to care about that? Now how do they figure that is frequent? I've heard more frequent bad language in a retirement village.

14 Comments:

  • At 8/27/2008 11:21 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    My dearest Chikory,
    Great to see you posting again after an absence of around 5 months.
    I enjoy reading your comments, you are an extremely intelligent young woman and I still say your talents are wasted.
    Sorry to hear you've not been to well and lost your job,
    take care bye for now,
    from an old friend in England, Bob

     
  • At 8/28/2008 5:09 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Ohmog! Bob! :o) Never would've expected to see you post on my blog. I was only thinking about you the other day, too.

    Didn't really lose the job, it was my decision to quit. Just have to work out what to do wiht myself now. I'm tossing up between administration and cooking. So we'll see where that takes me.

    How are things going for you? Send me an e-mail or something. My address is still the same.

     
  • At 9/08/2008 1:56 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hello, Chikory!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Was glad to see you are still out there, "kicking a^&*s"!!


    Rollerman

     
  • At 9/08/2008 7:47 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hey, Rollerman. Lovely to see you, too! How's New York treating you? It seems that all the ol' Zoners are popping up. Hope all is well for you.

    Toodles.

     
  • At 9/28/2008 11:51 pm, Blogger Miranda said…

    Holy crap you have a blog! Must remember to stop by an read your epiphanies!

     
  • At 10/27/2008 1:31 am, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    帳號的設計 要有什麼經驗
    發問者: Hokkiao ( 實習生 5 級)
    發問時間: 2008-10-07 06:59:19 ( 還有 1 天發問到期 )
    解答贈點: 20 ( 共有 0 人贊助 )
    回答:
    2 意見: 0
    [ 檢舉 ]
    zycxxcz1234.blogspot.com

    方案 : 一ㄍ 【WRETCH】 categorization分類 TRANSFER->一ㄍ [BLOGSPOT] ID帳號








    NATIONAL TAIWANUNIVERSITY
    IWANNA

     
  • At 10/30/2008 7:09 am, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    :O lolr... looks kind of like Taiwanese spam

     
  • At 10/30/2008 7:09 am, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    :O lolr... looks kind of like Taiwanese spam

     
  • At 1/26/2009 10:12 am, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Lmaor. I'm going to leave it there simply because... I dunno. It's just different.

     
  • At 4/20/2009 8:56 pm, Blogger Miranda said…

    Time for a new post methinks Chik...

     
  • At 12/27/2009 8:42 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Brim over I agree but I think the collection should prepare more info then it has.

     
  • At 3/09/2010 10:32 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Good news

    We do not agree with this year BRIT awards 2010 decision.

    Please go to see our little web survey

    http://micropoll.com/t/KDqOnZBCWt

    Lady Gaga can not be better than Madonna

    Poll supported by BRIT awards 2010 sponsor femmestyle
    [url=http://www.femmestyle.ch/nosecorrection.html]nasenkorrektur[/url]

    Pet Shop Boys surprise lucky BRITs fan with a MasterCard Priceless Gig in their living room

     
  • At 3/18/2010 7:21 am, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Howdy,

    I am regular visitor of this website[url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/lose-10-pounds-in-2-weeks-quick-weight-loss-tips].[/url]Lots of good information here deacomplaintsdepartment.blogspot.com. Frankly speaking we really do not pay attention towards our health. Are you really serious about your weight?. Recent Scientific Research displays that almost 60% of all U.S. adults are either obese or weighty[url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/lose-10-pounds-in-2-weeks-quick-weight-loss-tips].[/url] Hence if you're one of these citizens, you're not alone. Infact many among us need to lose 10 to 20 lbs once in a while to get sexy and perfect six pack abs. Now the question is how you are planning to have quick weight loss? Quick weight loss can be achived with little effort. If you improve some of your daily diet habbits then, its like piece of cake to quickly lose weight.

    About me: I am webmaster of [url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/lose-10-pounds-in-2-weeks-quick-weight-loss-tips]Quick weight loss tips[/url]. I am also mentor who can help you lose weight quickly. If you do not want to go under hard training program than you may also try [url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/acai-berry-for-quick-weight-loss]Acai Berry[/url] or [url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/colon-cleanse-for-weight-loss]Colon Cleansing[/url] for effective weight loss.

     
  • At 12/04/2010 7:57 pm, Anonymous underage incest stories free said…

    I luxuriated in the tub, moisturizing and scenting my body,all the long while, planning to kidnap my husband and lock my son inthe cellar for the remainder. ``Good point.
    son mom stories xxx
    xnxx giant cock stories
    femdom enema stories
    filthy teen sex stories
    brotherinlaw fuck stories
    I luxuriated in the tub, moisturizing and scenting my body,all the long while, planning to kidnap my husband and lock my son inthe cellar for the remainder. ``Good point.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home